Stamps: MCQs with Quiz for GDS to Postman Exam, MTS, PA Exam will help the aspirants in preparing on this topic of ”STAMPS” available on INDIA POST Website.
Do you know?
Some Important GK Bits on Postal Stamps
1. The first stamp of Independent India was issued on 21 November 1947. Independent India’s first stamp depicts the Indian tricolor flying high in the clouds, with the slogan ”Jai Hind” (Long Live India) on the top right. The stamp had a blue background and was valued at three and one-half annas (roughly 0.22 India rupees in modern terms).
2. World Post Day is celebrated on 9th October to mark the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) on that day.
3. National Postal Day is celebrated on 10th October in India.
4. National Philately Day is celebrated on 13th October.
5. Head Quarters of UPU is in Bern, Switzerland with 192 countries as members.
6. The Country with the largest Postal Network in the world is India.
7. The term ”Philately” was coined in 1864 by a Frenchman, Georges Herpin who invented it from the Greek Philos, “love” and “ateleia”, which is tax-free. The etymological origin of the word philately is from Greek and French. Philately is the hobby of collection and study of postage stamps and is also known as ”King of Hobbies”.
8. The only country that does not need to put its country name on its postage stamps in Great Britain(United Kingdom). UPU exempted Great Britain accordingly in 1874.
Just thought of including them here though these may not be in the syllabus they may appear as GK bits in the exam.
Now, Let`s start the Quiz on Stamps.
Stamps: MCQs with Quiz for GDS to Postman Exam, MTS, PA Exam
First on Stamps(GK)
- First Indian Woman on Indian Stamps is Meera Bai.
- The first commemorative postal stamp on a person was issued in India in 1948 on Mahatma Gandhi.
- The first Indian King to be depicted in the postal stamp is Chandra Gupt Maurya.
- The first institution on which commemorative postage stamp is issued by India Post is Air-India International.
- The first commemorative stamp on an event was released in the year 1952 at the First Asian Games.
- The only person in the world to be honored with a stamp by over 43 countries of the globe is Mahatma Gandhi.
- The First Foreigner to be honored on an Indian Stamp is Jean Henri Dunant who was a founder of the Red Cross and the first recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- First Indian Newspaper to be honored on a Postal stamp is the Times of India.
- The term for all the small horizontal and vertical cuts between stamps to facilitate separation is Rouletting. Rouletting uses small cuts in the paper instead of holes.
- The white border area of the sheet of a stamp is called Selvage. The marginal paper on a sheet or pane of stamps. Selvage may be unprinted or may contain printer’s markings or other information.
*** *** ***
Now it’s your turn.
What is your score on the third attempt?
Let me know in the comments section below right now.
Basic Terminologies of IT Modernization
Volume VI Part III MCQs & Quiz for GDS/MTS to Postman, GDS/MTS/Postman to PA
Volume VII: 45 MCQs with Quiz for GDS/MTS to Postman Exam 2021
PO Guide Part 1 MCQS with Quiz
Quiz on RMFS
Annual Administrative MCQs Quiz
Study Material for Postman Exam pdf: 2020 Update
HO Inspection Questionnaire Quiz
Quiz on BO Inspection Questionnaire
General Finance Rules MCQs
PNOP: Parcel Network Optimisation Project Quiz (with 100+ MCQs)
Miscellaneous Rules for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam
Leave Rules for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam
LTC Rules for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam;
CEA & Hostel Subsidy MCQs for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam
IPO Exam Syllabus and Books & Reading material: 2020(Latest)
IPO Exam Question Paper 2019: IPO Exam 2019 Question Paper
Revised Syllabus PSS GroupB Examination(Latest 30-12-2019)