Miscellaneous Rules: IPO Exam & Gr B Exam MCQs (Latest 2020). This covers topics like service book, Associations, JCA, Passport, PLB, Petition, etc. Miscellaneous Rules in today’s topic will be useful for the preparation of the IPO Exam and PSS Gr Exam.
- Alteration of Date of Birth ( Miscellaneous Rules)
- Change of Name in the service book ( Miscellaneous Rules)
- Service Book entries, maintenance, etc ( Miscellaneous Rules)
- Passport NOC, IC, PI( Miscellaneous Rules)
- Service Associations
- Trade Unions
- Staff Cars usage
- PLB and lots more.
Let’s dive in right now.
Alteration of Date of Birth( Miscellaneous Rules)
1.The period within which an employee is allowed to request alteration of date of birth with the sanction of a Department is:
(A) 2 years (B) 3 years (C) 4 years (D) 5 years of entry into the Govt service.
Change of Name in Service Book(Miscellaneous Rules)
2. Which of the following is incorrect in case of Change of Name in service book:
(A) If a Govt servant wishes to change his/her name, he has to submit a copy of the deed, Advertise in the prominent local newspaper, Gazette notification
(B) Expenses for Gazette will be borne by the Department for change of name in the service record.
(C) Mere submission of the request is enough for Change of surname on account of marriage/remarriage
(D) Deletion of surname or reversion to a maiden name on divorce /separation or death of the husband of a female Govt employee is made on mere request in writing.
Service Book(Miscellaneous Rules)
3. The Service book is maintained in :
(A) Single copy (B) Duplicate (C) Triplicate (D) Quadruplicate
4. The month in which the Govt servant should hand over his copy of the service book to his office for up-dation is:
(A) January (B) April (C) July (D) September
5. The number of days within which the copy of the service book of a Govt servant should be returned by the office on up-dation upon its receipt is :
(A) 10 days (B) 15 days (C) 30 days (D) 60 days
6. The fee for the replacement of a lost copy of the service book of the Govt servant is:
(A) Rs 100 (B) Rs200 (C) Rs 500 (D) Free of cost
7. Entries/attestation in the service book of the Head of Office will be made by :
(A) Head of Office (B) Next Higher Authority (C) Authorised officer by Head of the office (D) None of the above
8. Signature of the Govt Servant should be obtained in token of having shown him the service book every:
(A) quarter (B) Half-year (C) Year (D) 2 years
9. A certificate to the effect that the Head of the office has shown service books to all Govt servants in the office and obtained signature in token of having seen it, in r/o preceding Financial year should be submitted to his next superior officer by the end of every:
(A) January (B) March (C) September (D) July
10. Minimum percentage of total service books, the Head of the office should scrutinize every year & initial the same in token of having done so is :
(A) 3 % (B) 5 % (C) 10% (D) 25 %
11. Who records the certificate for Foreign service of a Govt servant in the service book:
(A) Accounts officer (B) Head of office (C) Departmental officers (D) None of the above.
12. Verification & communication of qualifying service of the Govt servant should be completed and a certificate in the prescribed Form-24 is issued to him on completion of :
(A) 18 years of service or 5 years before the date of retirement
(B) 20 years of service or 2 years before the date of retirement
(C) 24 years of service or 5 years before the date of retirement
(D) 30 years of service or 3 years before the date of retirement
Passport NOC, IC, PI( Miscellaneous Rules)
13. Which of the following is incorrect in case of issue of Passport to Govt servant:
(A) If prior intimation the letter is submitted by the applicant, a passport would be issued based on pre-police verification.
(B) In case a proper ‘’No objection ‘’ certificate is submitted, the passport will be issued without police verification
(C ) An identity certificate(on letterhead) from the controlling /administrative authority is submitted, the passport will be issued on a No-police verification basis
(D) None of the (A) or (B) or (C) is correct.
14. The validity of Prior Intimation or NOC or Identity certificate from controlling /administrative authority for obtaining a passport from the date of issue will be:
(A) 2 months (B) 3 months (C) 6 months (D) 1 year
Petition to President( Miscellaneous Rules)
15. The time limit for submission of the petition to the President of India from the date of communication of the order against which the petition is submitted is :
(A) within 6 months (B) within 12 months (C) within 3 months (D)within 45 days
16. Vigilance clearance to the Govt servant for obtaining an Indian Passport cannot be withheld if :
(A) The officer is under suspension
(B) A charge sheet has been issued against the officer in a disciplinary proceeding and the proceeding is pending.
© An FIR has been filed or a case has been registered by any Got entity against the officer, after preliminary fact-finding inquiry
(D) An FIR filed on the basis of a private complaint unless a charge-sheet has been filed by the investigating agency.
Service Associations ( Miscellaneous Rules)
17. What is the minimum percentage of the total number of employees in that particular category to accord Recognition to service Associations of all Central Govt employees is :
(A) 20% (B) 30 % (C) 35 % (D) 50%
18. What is the minimum percentage of the total number of employees in that particular category to accord Recognition to a second service Association of all central Govt employees is:
(A) 5 % (B) 10% (C) 25 % (D) 15 %
19. List of members /office bearers’ up-to-date copy of the rules and audited accounts to be furnished to the Govt annually before first of :
(A) July (B) September(C) April (D) January
20. A check-off system of verification is followed to verify the membership of an association on the basis of
(A) Voting (B) deduction of subscriptions (C) hands raise (D) None of the above
21. Office -bearers of service associations to have fixed-term not exceeding :
(A) 1 year (B) 3 years (C) 2 years (D) 5 years
JCA(Joint Consultative Machinery)( Miscellaneous Rules)
22. The number of official side members and staff side members available in the National Council of JCA will be up to :
(A) 25 & 60 respectively (B) 30 & 60 respectively (C) 20 & 50 respectively(D) 25 & 50 respectively
23. National Council (JCA) meetings will be held at least once in :
(A) 2 months (B) 3 months (C) 4 months (D)6 months
24. Minumum Number of meetings to be held in a year by the Departmental Council (JCA) are:
(A) 2 meetings (B) 3 meetings (C) 4 meetings (D)6 meetings
25. The number of official side members available in the Departmental Council of JCA will be up to :
(A) 5-10 members (B) 10-15 members (C) 1-5 members (D) 15-20 members
26. The number of the staff side members available in the Departmental Council of JCA will be up to :
(A) 5-10 members (B) 10-15 members (C) 20-30 members (D) 15-20 members
27. Regional/Office Council (JCA) meetings will be held at least once in :
(A) 2 months (B) 3 months (C) 4 months (D)6 months
28. Tenure of staff side Members of JCM is :
(A) 1 year (B) 2 years (C) 3 years (D) 4 years
29. The Board of Arbitration, in case no agreement is reached on arbitrable issues between the staff side and official site in JCM consists of :
(A) 2 members (B) 3 members (C) 4 members (D) 5 members
30. Govt orders on the recommendations of/Awards of the Board of arbitration between the staff side and official site( in case of any disagreement on arbitrable issues)to remain in force for :
(A) 1 year (B) 2 years (C) 3 years (D) 5 years
31. Matters decided by Govt on the recommendations of the Central Pay Commission will not be subject to arbitration for a period of :
(A) 1 year (B) 2 years (C) 10 years (D) 5 years
Trade Union Facilities ( Miscellaneous Rules)
32. Which of the following is not a trade union facility:
(A) To display notices relating to elections
(B) Erecting of flag masts & Flying Union Flags either in office premises
(C ) To display notices relating to reminders on memberships
(D) To display notices relating to meetings
Staff Car Usage
33. Staff car should not be used :
(A) by the officers on leave
(B) to remove, in an emergency, an officer suddenly ill or meeting with an accident, from office to hospital or residence
© for Non-gazetted staff for bonafide official purposes with the prior approval of the controlling officers.
(D) for non-official who have to attend an official meeting in the public interest and have to be left at their office/ residence after the meeting is over
Commercial Employment after Retirement
34. Without obtaining a prior sanction, the time period within which a retired Group A officer should not accept any commercial employment from the date of retirement is :
(A) 6 months (B) 9 months (C) one year (D) No such restriction
Both Husband & Wife Employees:
35. In case both husband and wife are Central Govt employees and one among them is transferred after 60 days of the transfer of the spouse, but within 6 months, the transfer grant admissible is :
(A) 100 % of transfer grant (B) 50 % of transfer grant (C) 80 % of transfer grant (D) No transfer grant eligible in such a case.
36. Family pension eligible for children of the deceased parents who were central Govt employees will be granted :
(A) Two-family pensions subject to prescribed limits
(B) One Family Pension whichever is beneficial to the children
(C) No Family pension
(D) Only one Family Pension of the latest deceased employee.
37. Which of the following is incorrect:
(A) A Govt servant can receive a family pension in addition to their own pay if the spouse dies.
(B)A Pensioner can receive a family pension, in addition, to their own pension if the spouse dies.
(C ) A & B
(D)None of the above
38. Which of the following is incorrect in case of both husband and wife are central Govt employees:
(A) Both are entitled to draw HRA even if they work in the same station and live together but are not provided with Govt accommodation.
(B) A Govt servant whose spouse is allotted accommodation at the same station by Central/state The govt will not be eligible for HRA irrespective of whether or not the non-allottee employee resides in that accommodation.
© Parents of the non-contributing employee will not be eligible for the CGHS benefits
(D) Female contributor has no option to include her parents-in-law, instead of parents, in the family for availing of medical benefits.
39. The period within which one of the accommodations should be surrendered in case separate accommodations were allotted to two allottees and they both marry each other is :
(A) one month (B) 2 months (C) 3 months (D) 6 months
Pay Linked Bonus(PLB)
40. What is the Pay-Linked -Bonus(PLB) paid to a Govt servant who resigns in the middle of a year:
(A) No PLB will be paid for the last year
(B) Proportionate PLB to be calculated for the number of days
(C) Proportionate PLB to be calculated for the number of months
(D) Full-year PLB is paid
1. (D) 2. (B) 3. (B) 4. (A) 5. (C) 6. (C) 7. (B) 8. (C) 9. (C) 10. (C)
11. (A) 12. (A) 13. (D) 14. (C) 15. (A) 16. (D) 17. (C) 18. (D) 19. (A) 20. (B)
21. (C) 22. (A) 23. (C) 24. (B) 25.(A) 26. (C) 27. (A) 28. (C) 29. (B) 30. (C)
31. (D) 32.(B) 33. (A) 34. (C) 35.(B) 36. (A) 37. (D) 38. (D) 39. (A) 40. (B)
Miscellaneous Rules for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam
Leave Rules for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam
LTC Rules for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam;
CEA & Hostel Subsidy MCQs for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam
PSS Group B Syllabus 2019 with study material & resources
IPO Exam Syllabus and Books & Reading material: 2020(Latest)
IPO Exam Question Paper 2019: IPO Exam 2019 Question Paper
Revised Syllabus PSS GroupB Examination(Latest 30-12-2019)
Post office acronyms & abbreviations
Study Material for Postman Exam pdf: 2020 Update
Conclusion: Do you want any part of the chapters as videos for better understanding like application type of questions including calculations like Pay fixation, EL credits, pension calculations, etc, let me know in the comments section right now.
4 thoughts on “ Miscellaneous Rules: IPO Exam & Gr B Exam MCQs (Latest 2020)”
Respected sir very good initiative for helping the aspirants of IPO exam
Thank you. All the best
very well crafted questions for Group B exam. thanks a lot sir
Satish Ji, You are welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed this post.
You may like the Quizzes also. Chek out here:PO Guide Part 2 Quiz (MCQs) for IPO Exam, PS Group B Exam
Core System Integrator(CSI)User Manual :MCQs for IPO Exam & Group B
RMFS(Remotely Managed Franking System): MCQs for IPO Exam & PS Gr B
BO Inspection Questionnaire MCQs & Quiz (for IPO Exam PS Gr B Exam)
Annual Administrative Report 2019-20 MCQs for IPO Exam & Gr B Exam