PO Guide Part 2 Notes & Quiz for IPO Exam, PS Group B Exam will make you understand the concepts in a crispy way. Some more questions based on the India Post Website on International Mails topics were also covered in the Quiz on PO Guide Part 2.
PO Guide Part 2 MCQs & Quiz
Post Office Guide Part 2 Question and Answer
Now check out the PO Guide Part 2 MCQ with quiz swiftly.
Read Also: PO Guide Part 1 with MCQs here.
After going through PO Guide Part 1 MCQ you may like to go through PO Guide Part 2 snippets…
PO Guide Part 2 Snippets
1. Foreign Post categories:
(i)Letter post (Letters, Postcards, Printed Papers), Small packets, Blind literature, Aerogramme, M Bags*(*earlier called as Bulk Bags)
(ii) Parcel Post: Maximum weight Limit of a foreign Parcel is 20 kg.
2. Asian-Pacific Postal Union(APPU) -Its Head Quarters NOW is Bangkok(Thailand) where (Asia Pacific Postal College) APPC is also situated now.
[ Note: Headquarters APPU was shifted from Manila(Philippines) to Bangkok in 2002 after the first 40 years of establishment]
3. India joined APPU in 1973.
4. Postage cum air surcharge (a combined charge) has been fixed for:
(i)Airmail postcards, (ii) aerogram.
5. Warehousing charges are levied (from 8th day) if ordinary/VP /small packet weighing more than 500 grams are not delivered within 7 days (even for poste restante articles) following the date of presentation.
Poste Restante India
6. Period of detention of Foreign articles(parcels also) addressed “Poste Restante’’ except VP is 30 days
7. Period of detention of Foreign articles (parcels also) addressed “Poste Restante’’ for VP is 7 days
POGuide Part 2(Postal Guide Part 2)Continued…
8. Free redirection by Air within India is for (i)Letters (ii)Aerogrammes (iii)postcards i.e., only first-class mails.
9. Others like printed papers, newspapers, small packets will be redirected with a “Air fee”.
10. Letter post articles containing dutiable goods and all small packets should be accompanied by CD (customs declaration)
India Post PO Guide Part 2 Notes: PO Guide 2
11. Two(2) Types of Customs declarations
(i) CN22 Form India Post & CN23 Form India Post.
12. Maximum Weight of foreign Letter (Air Mail Letter) /Printed paper/Registered Newspaper /Insured Letter<2kgs.
The weight of Aerogramme should not exceed 3 grams.
13. Blind literature:
(i) No postage fees for surface transmission
(ii)No registration acknowledgment fee
14. Foreign parcels posted in BOs cannot be insured for more than ₹ 600.
15. Where a control leads to the detention of a foreign article, its examination, the imposition of the duty, or the production of documents by the sender or the addressee are carried out in selected places called “Foreign Post offices/Sub-Foreign offices’’.
16. Complaints on Letter/Parcel Mail/COD/VP<1 year from the day following the day of posting the article.
17. The fee for the Blind Literature packet airlifted to a foreign country is Air Surcharge as applicable to the printed paper.
18. AD is the advice of delivery
19. L.C is Letters and cards
20.A.O is the Administrative Office of the foreign country.
21. In the foreign post for the purpose of fixing surcharges and combined charges, all the countries and territories are divided into 6 groups.
Post Office Guide Part 2 PDF
Check out the pdf here: Post Office Guide Part 2 PDF
Now it’s your turn.
Which question from the above Quiz on PO Guide Part 2 did you like the most?
Let me know in the comments section below right now.