CEA -Hostel subsidy MCQs: It is the topic requested over email and hence this post. Indeed, there are many changes in the Children’s Education Allowance & Hostel subsidy rulings that you need to remember.
If you are preparing for Gr B Exam, you may also like to go through this post: click here: PSS Group B Syllabus 2019 with study material & resources
If you are preparing for an IPO Exam you may like this post also: click here:
Now, Let’s dive into the topic
CEA -Hostel subsidy MCQs for IPO Exam/Gr B Exam
1. Which of the following statement is incorrect in r/o CEA-Hostel Subsidy?
(A) CEA is admissible only if the children study in a recognized school.
(B) For physically/mentally handicapped children studying in any institution i.e., aided or approved by Central/State/UT or whose fees are approved by any of these authorities, CEA paid is reimbursable irrespective of whether the institution is recognized or not.
(C) Both Hostel subsidy and CEA can be availed concurrently.
(D) ₹6750 pm is reimbursable as Hostel subsidy irrespective of the expenditure onboarding & lodging.
2. Which of the following statement is incorrect in r/o CEA-Hostel Subsidy?
(A) CEA is admissible for 2 surviving children only
(B) CEA can be claimed for the same class twice in case the child fails in a particular class.
(C) CEA is not eligible for children studying through correspondence.
(D) CEA will be raised by 25% every time DA goes up to 50%.
3. What is the age up to which CEA is allowed in the case of disabled children?
(A) 18 (B) 20 (C) 22 (D) 16
4. What is the age up to which CEA is allowed in the case of children other than Divayaang?
(A) 18 (B) 20 (C) 22 (D) 16
5. The rate at which reimbursement of CEA will be made to Divayaang children is:
(A) Normal rates (B) Double the normal rates (C) Triple the normal rates (D) None of the above.
6. The distance of hostel of residential school/institution from the residence of the Govt Servant beyond which he/she is eligible for hostel subsidy is :
(A) 20 Kms (B) No bar on distance (C) 50 Kms (D) 60 Kms
7. Rate of CEA w.e.f. 1-7-2017 is :(A) ₹ 2250 pm (B) ₹ 6750 pm (C) 4000 pm (D) ₹2000 pm
CEA -Hostel subsidy MCQs for IPO Exam/Gr B Exam8. Rate of Hostel subsidy w.e.f. 1-7-2017 is : (A) ₹ 2250 pm (B) ₹ 6750 pm (C) 4000 pm (D) ₹2000 pm 9. CEA is admissible for the third child : (A) If the second childbirth resulted in multiple births (B) in case of failure of sterilization operation (C) (A) & (B) (D) if not claimed for the first or second child 10.CEA is not admissible : (A) For the period treated as dies non (B) While on extraordinary leave (C) under suspension (D) While on the medical leave 11. Which of the following statement is incorrect in r/o CEA-Hostel Subsidy? (A) CEA is eligible in case the second childbirth results in twins or multiple births (B) Children born out of the first instance of the failure of sterilization operation are eligible for CEA; (C) CEA is admissible for 2 surviving children only except for (A) and (B) (D) Minimum age for any child for claiming reimbursement of CEA is 5 years. 12. What is the minimum age of a child for claiming reimbursement of CEA : (A) 5 years (B) 6 years (C) 7 years (D) No such age restriction 13. Reimbursement of CEA is allowed for classes: (A) Nursery to twelfth (B) 1 to 10th classes (C) 1 to 12th classes (D) 1 to 12th classes including polytechnic 14. CEA is reimbursable : (A) for the initial 2 years of a diploma/ certificate course from Engineering college after passing 10th standard. (B) even if the child fails a particular class (C) twice when the child fails in a particular class. (D) once in a quarter at request.
CEA -Hostel subsidy MCQs for IPO Exam/Gr B Exam15. W.e.f . 1-7-2017, the annual ceiling limit for reimbursement of CEA for ”Divyaang” children is fixed to : (A) ₹ 27,000 (B) ₹ 54,000 (C) ₹ 81,000 (D) No ceiling for Divyang. 16. CEA reimbursement will be made : (A) Once a year, after the completion of the financial year (B) Once a year, after the completion of the calendar year (C) Once a year, after the completion of the academic year (D) Once a year, irrespective of the year. 17. Apart from automatically raising of 25% every time DA goes up to 50%, maximum ceiling Limits for CEA is : (A) ₹ 27000 (B) ₹ 54000 (C) ₹ 81,000 (D) Actual claim or ceiling whichever is less is paid
18. Which if the following statement is incorrect at the time of reimbursement of CEA:(A) Govt Servant should produce a certificate issued by Head of Institution for the period/year for which claim is preferred. (B) Govt Servant should produce Self-attested fee-receipts (C) Govt Servant should produce a Self-attested copy of report card (D) No need to produce any document in token of study of the child. 19. Which if the following statement is correct at the time of reimbursement of CEA/Hostel subsidy: (A) CEA reimbursement of Rs2250 pm per child is made irrespective of the actual expenses incurred by the Govt servant. (B) Day boarding children are eligible to draw Hostel subsidy. (C) Fees paid to private tutors are reimbursable in CEA. (D) An adopted child is not eligible for CEA though wholly dependant on the Govt Servant. 20. Which if the following statement is incorrect at the time of Hostel Subsidy: (A) Hostel Subsidy is reimbursable to the Govt Servant irrespective of any transfer liability. (B) Hostel subsidy is admissible for a child to whom CEA is drawn. (C) The expenditure on boarding and lodging or ceiling of ₹ 6,750, whichever is lower shall be paid to the employee as Hostel Subsidy. (D)The expenditure on boarding and lodging or ceiling of ₹ 6,750, whichever is beneficial to the employee shall be paid as Hostel Subsidy.
Conclusion:So, that’s it for today. Meanwhile, how do you like the post on the topic CEA -Hostel subsidy MCQs? Specifically, let me know the topic on which you would like to have the next post by leaving a comment below right now. I will prepare MCQs on that topic for which more than 10 requests are made in the comments section. Also, go through click here: 1. IPO Exam Syllabus with reading material and resource links(Latest 2020)