GK: General Awareness/Knowledge: MCQs for GDS to Postman, GDS to MTS, and GDS to PA Exams will help to understand what type of questions will be asked during the exam.
You may buy the following Good GK Books:
General Knowledge 2023 by Manohar Pandey : https://amzn.to/3xfihzF
To Know more about Important GK Questions, watch this video RIGHT NOW:
In the syllabus for all these exams, the topics covered are (1 to 3 questions from each topic):
Indian Culture & Freedom struggle
Ethics and morale study.
Some of these portions are given as notes to understand better.
Read More: 101 Coronavirus MCQs: Most Expected Covid-19 GK(Important Questions)
Andhra Pradesh State profile(GK):
1.The AP state is the eighth largest state in India with 13 Districts.
2. AP State is called “Rice Bowl of India & “Egg Bowl of Asia”.
3. As per the 2011 census of India, the state is the tenth-largest by population
4. On 2 June 2014, the North-Western portion of the state was bifurcated to form a new state of Telangana.
5. MP Loksabha seats in AP: 25
6. MP-Rajya Sabha seats in AP: 11
(a)Assembly seats: 175
(b) Legislative councils seats: 54
8. Rivers in AP State:
(1). The Godavari(East Godavari, West Godavari Dt)
(2). Krishna( Krishna, Guntur, Kurnool)
(3). Pennar(Anantpur district, Kadapa and Nellore),
(4). Vamsdhara(Srikakulam Dt)
(5). Nagavali(Srikakulam, Vijayanagaram Dt)
Airports in AP State(GK):
1.Vijayawada Airport at Gannavaram,
2. Rajahmundry Airport at Madhurapudi,
3. Tirupati Airport at Renigunta,
4. Cuddapah, and
5. Puttaparthi(privately owned)
Rivers in India (GK)
1.The west-flowing rivers are Narmada, Tapti, Mahi, Sabarmati, Luni, etc.
2. The East flowing Rivers are Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna, Kaveri, etc.
3. A large number of the South Indian rivers are seasonal as they are miffed.
Most of the peninsular rivers flow eastward on the plateau-slope and drain into the Bay of Bengal. They form deltas on their mouths.
←The West-flowing Rivers of South India
1. The Narmada (1,282 km) ←
2. The Tapti (740 km) ←
3. River Mahi (503 km) ←
4. The Sabarmati (416 km) ←
5. The Luni (450 km) ←
6. Other Rivers: Other notable streams that flow westwards are Ulhas, Baitarani, Amba, Sabitri, Vashistha, Sharavathi, Saraswati, etc. They rise from the western flank of the Western Ghats and drains into the Arabian Sea.
The East Flowing Rivers of South India→
1. The Mahanadi (840 km) →
2. The Godavari (1,450 km) →
3. The Krishna (752 km) →
4. The Kaveri (800 km) →
The other east flowing rivers of South India are Palter, Penner, Ponnaiyar, Vaigai, Chittar, and others. These rivers flow into the Bay of Bengal.
Cash Crops and Non-Cash Crops
Crops grown and sold for their profit are called cash crops. Cash crops are those which are primarily grown for sale and not for use by the grower and his family.
The cash crops provide raw material to the agro-based industries.
They provide money to the farmers not only to improve their living conditions but also to improve their farming practices.
These are a source of revenue in the country where it is grown. They are also grown for farmers’ personal use or to feed the farmer’s cattle.
Major Cash Crops of India are sugarcane, rice, wheat, corn, tobacco, cotton, jute, tea, coffee, and oilseeds, spices, maize, cocoa, soya bean, paddy, etc.
Non-cash Crops are Bazra, cashew nut.
Types of Crops in India: Rabi Crops, Kharif Crops
In India, crops can be broadly categorized into two types based on monsson given in the following table:
Type of crop
Rab i crops means spring in Arabic
The rainy season
Sown: October-December. Harvested: April-June
The rabi crops include:
wheat, barley, oats (cereals), chickpea/gram (pulses), linseed, mustard (oilseeds), etc.
Kharif crops means autumn in Arabic
June-July. Harvested: September-October
The Kharif crops include:
etc rice, maize, sorghum, pearl millet/bajra, finger millet/ragi (cereals), arhar (pulses), soyabean, groundnut (oilseeds), cotton,
Note: Pulses and vegetables are grown during summer at many places.
1. Krishna River flows through which of the following states?
[A] Maharastra, Karnataka
[B] Maharastra, Karnataka, and Andhra Pradesh.
[C] Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh
[D] Maharastra, Chhattisgarh, and Andhra Pradesh.
2. Teen Bigha Corridor ” is a dispute between ___?
[A] India & Pakistan
[B] India & Nepal
[C] India & Bangladesh
[D] India & Myanmar
3. Which of the following lake(s) is/are located in Andhra Pradesh?
[A] Only 1
[B] 2 Only
[C] Only 3
[D] Both 2 and 3
4. Polavaram Project is a multi-purpose irrigation project on _?
[A] Godavari River
[B] Kaveri River
[C] Krishna River
[D] Mahanadi River
5. Which of the following is the oldest mountain range in India?
[A] the Himalayas
6. Kanha National Park is famous for which of the following species?
[B] One horn Rhinos
7. Which of the following state is the largest Mica producing state of India?
[B] Andhra Pradesh
8. The iron ore of Bailadila is mainly transported to Japan through which of the following ports?
[A] Jawaharlal Nehru Port
[B] Visakhapatnam Port
[C] Mangalore Port
[D] Haldia Port
9. Which of the following is the first State of India which depends on organic farming?
[B] Madhya Pradesh
[D] Arunachal Pradesh
10. Distance between which of the following cities of the Golden Quadrilateral Highway in India is the longest?
[A] Mumbai – Delhi
[B] Chennai – Mumbai
[C] Kolkata – Chennai
[D] Delhi – Kolkata
11. Which of the following is the largest shipyard in India?
[A] Kochi Port
[B] Jawahar Lal Nehru Port
[C] Kandla Port
[D] Paradip Port
GK-INDIAN CULTURE AND FREEDOM STRUGGLE-MCQs
1. During which among the following movements, Mahatma Gandhi remarked: “on bended knees, I asked for bread and received stone instead”?
[A] Khilafat Movement
[B] Non-Cooperation Movement
[C] Dandi March
[D] Quit India Movement
2. The birth name of which among the following famous mystics was Gadadhar Chattopadhyay?
[A] Swami Vivekananda
[B] Ram Krishna Paramhansa
[C] Sri Aurobindo
[D] Swami Prabhupada
3. In which year, the Partition of Bengal was annulled?
4. Which among the following personality is known for publishing the Mooknayak (Leader of the Silent) in Mumbai?
[A] GG Agarkar
[B] K. M. Munshi
[C] Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar
[D] Shyamji Krishna Varma
5. In which year the first nationwide non-cooperation movement was launched in India?
6. First Independence Day was celebrated on which date?
[A] 26th November 1930
[B] 26th January 1930
[C] 15th August 1930
[D] 15th August 1947
7. Which of the following movements drew women out from the seclusion of the home?
1. Swadeshi Movement
2. Home Rule Movement
3. Non-Cooperation Movement
4. Civil Disobedience Movement
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
[A] 1 and 3 only
[B] 2 and 4 only
[C] 3 and 4 only
[D] 1, 2, 3 and 4
8. On which date, Gandhi broke the Salt Law after concluding the Dandi March?
[A] 2nd April 1930
[B] 5 April 1930
[C] 6 April 1930
[D] 7 April 1930
9. Who is also called the Father of Indian Unrest?
[A] Mahadev Govind Ranade
[B] Raja Ram Mohan Roy
[C] Romesh Chunder Dutt
[D] Bal Gangadhar Tilak
10. “Gandhi may die, but Gandhism will remain forever”, In which session of Indian National Congress Gandhi Ji said this?
[A] Lucknow 1916
[B] Nagpur 1921
[C] Karachi 1931
[D] Ramgarh 1940
11. Who among the following was elected three times as President of the Indian National Congress?
[A] A .O. Hume
[B] Surendra Nath Banerjee
[C] Gopal Krishna Gokhale
[D] Dadabhai Naoroji
12. Who was the first British Governor-General of India?
[A] Lord Cornwallis
[B] Warren Hastings
[C] Lord Amherst
[D] Lord William Bentick
13. Who among the following declared “I must frankly confess that I am a socialist and a republican” in the Lahore session of INC?
[A] S.C. Bose
[B] M.K. Gandhi
[C] Jawaharlal Nehru
[D] N.G. Ranga
GK-Indian Culture MCQs
1. Hornbill Festival is celebrated in which state of India?
2. Who among the following got the Mahabharata translated into Persian and named it as ‘Razmnameh’?
[D] None of the above
The minimum age for a candidate to be elected as
President, Vice President
MP, Rajya Sabha; MLC
MP, Lok Sabha; MLA
CIVICS-Borrowed Features of the INDIAN Constitution-(GK)
Name of Countries
Borrowed Features of the Constitution
1. Parliamentary government
2. Rule of Law
3. Legislative procedure
4. Single citizenship
5. Cabinet system
6. Prerogative writs
7. Parliamentary privileges
1. Directive Principles of State Policy
2. Method of Election of the president
3. Members nomination to the Rajya Sabha by the President
1. Impeachment of the president
2. Functions of president and vice-president
3. Removal of Supreme Court and High court judges
4. Fundamental Rights
5. Judicial review
6. Independence of judiciary
7. The preamble of the constitution
1. Centrifugal form of federalism where the center is stronger than the states.
2. Residuary powers vest with the center
3. Centre appoints the Governors at the states
4. Advisory jurisdiction of the supreme court
1. Concept of Concurrent list
2. Article 108 i.e. Joint sitting of the two houses
3. Freedom of trade and commerce
USSR (Now Russia)
1. Fundamental duties
2. The ideals of justice (social, economic, and political), expressed in the Preamble.
1. Concept of “Republic”
2. Ideals of Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity (contained in the Preamble)
1. Fundamental Rights are suspended during Emergency
1. Election of members of the Rajya Sabha
2. Amendment of the Constitution
1. Concept of “procedure established by Law”
Kuchipudi ( Krishna Dt), Dhimsa (Araku valley), Kolattam, Vilasini Natyam, Andhra Natyam, Bhamakalpam, Veeranatyam, Dappu, Tappeta Gullu, Lambadi, Butta Bommalu.
Bihu, Bichhua, Natpuja, Maharas, Kaligopal, Bagurumba, Naga dance, Khel Gopal, Tabal Chongli, Canoe, Jhumura Hobjanai
Jata-Jatin, Bakho-Bakhain, Panwariya, Sama Chakwa, Bidesia.
Garba, Dandiya Ras, Tippani Juriun, Bhavai.
Jhumar, Phag, Daph, Dhamal, Loor, Gugga, Khor, Gagor.
Jhora, Jhali, Chharhi, Dhaman, Chhapeli, Mahasu, Nati, Dangi.
Jammu and Kashmir
Rauf, Hikat, Mandjas, Kud Dandi Nach, Damali.
Yakshagan, Huttari, Suggi, Kunitha, Karga, Lambi.
Kathakali (Classical), Ottam Thulal, Mohiniattam, Kaikottikali.
Lavani, Nakata, Koli, Lezim, Gafa, Dahikala Dasavtar or Bohada.
Odissi (Classical), Savari, Ghumara, Painka, Munari, Chhau.
Kathi, Gambhira, Dhali, Jatra, Baul, Marasia, Mahal, Keertan.
Bhangra, Giddha, Daff, Dhaman, Bhand, Naqual.
Ghumar, Chakri, Ganagor, Jhulan Leela, Jhuma, Suisini, Ghapal, Kalbeliya.
Bharatanatyam, Kumi, Kolattam, Kavadi.
Nautanki, Raslila, Kajri, Jhora, Chappeli, Jaita.
Garhwali, Kumayuni, Kajari, Jhora, Raslila, Chappeli.
Tarangamel, Koli, Dekhni, Fugdi, Shigmo, Ghode, Modni, Samayi nrutya, Jagar, Ranmale, Gonph, Tonnya mell.
Jawara, Matki, Aada, Khada Nach, Phulpati, Grida Dance, Selalarki, Selabhadoni, Maanch.
Gaur Maria, Panthi, Raut Nacha, Pandwani, Vedamati, Kapalik, Bharthari Charit, Chandaini.
Alkap, Karma Munda, Agni, Jhumar, Janani Jhumar, Mardana Jhumar, Paika, Phagua,Hunta Dance, Mundari Dance, Sarhul, Barao, Jhitka, Danga, Domkach, Ghora Naach.
Buiya, Chalo, Wancho, Pasi Kongki, Ponung, Popir, Bardo Chham.
Dol Cholam, Thang Ta, Lai Haraoba, Pung Cholom, Khamba Thaibi, Nupa Dance, Raslila, Khubak Ishei, Lhou Sha.
Ka Shad Suk Mynsiem, Nongkrem, Laho.
Cheraw Dance, Khuallam, Chailam, Sawlakin, Chawnglaizawn, Zangtalam, Par Lam, Sarlamkai/Solakia, Tlanglam.
Rangma, Bamboo Dance, Zeliang, Nsuirolians, Gethinglim, Temangnetin, Hetaleulee.
Chu Faat Dance, Sikmari, Singhi Chaam or the Snow Lion Dance, Yak Chaam, Denzong Gnenha, Tashi Yangku Dance, Khukuri Naach, Chutkey Naach, Maruni Dance.
Lava, Kolkali, Parichakali.
*** *** ***
I will try to add more questions here in the coming days.
Now it’s your turn.
What is your score on the third attempt?
Let me know in the comments section below right now.
Basic Terminologies of IT Modernization
Annual Administrative MCQs Quiz
HO Inspection Questionnaire Quiz
Quiz on BO Inspection Questionnaire
IPO Exam Question Paper 2019: IPO Exam 2019 Question Paper
CCS CCA Rules 1965
IPO Exam/Gr B Exam MCQs