GK: General Awareness/Knowledge: MCQs for GDS to Postman, GDS to MTS, GDS to PA Exams will help to understand what type of questions will be asked during the exam.
” WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR-2021”
In the syllabus for all these exams, the topics covered are (1 to 3 questions from each topic):
- Indian Geography
- General Knowledge
- Indian Culture & Freedom struggle
- Ethics and morale study.
Some of these portions are given as notes to understand better.
Andhra Pradesh State profile(GK):
1.The AP state is the eighth largest state in India with 13 Districts.
2. AP State is called “Rice Bowl of India & “Egg Bowl of Asia”.
3. As per the 2011 census of India, the state is tenth largest by population
4. On 2 June 2014, the North-Western portion of the state was bifurcated to form a new state of Telangana.
5. MP Loksabha seats in AP: 25
6. MP-Rajya Sabha seats in AP: 11
(a)Assembly seats: 175
(b) Legislative councils seats: 54
8. Rivers in AP State:
(1). The Godavari(East Godavari, West Godavari Dt)
(2). Krishna( Krishna, Guntur, Kurnool)
(3). Pennar(Anantpur district, Kadapa and Nellore),
(4). Vamsdhara(Srikakulam Dt)
(5). Nagavali(Srikakulam, Vijayanagaram Dt)
Airports in AP State(GK):
1.Vijayawada Airport at Gannavaram,
2. Rajahmundry Airport at Madhurapudi,
3. Tirupati Airport at Renigunta,
4. Cuddapah, and
5. Puttaparthi(privately owned)
Rivers in India (GK)
1.The west-flowing rivers are Narmada, Tapti, Mahi, Sabarmati, Luni, etc.
2. The East flowing Rivers are Mahanadi, Godavari, Krishna, Kaveri, etc.
3. A large number of the South Indian rivers are seasonal as they are miffed.
Most of the peninsular rivers flow eastward on the plateau-slope and drain into the Bay of Bengal. They form deltas on their mouths.
←The West-flowing Rivers of South India
1. The Narmada (1,282 km)←
2. The Tapti (740 km)←
3. River Mahi (503 km)←
4. The Sabarmati (416 km)←
5. The Luni (450 km)←
6. Other Rivers: Other notable streams that flow westwards are Ulhas, Baitarani, Amba, Sabitri, Vashistha, Sharavathi, Saraswati, etc. They rise from the western flank of the Western Ghats and drains into the Arabian Sea.
The East Flowing Rivers of South India→
1. The Mahanadi (840 km)→
2. The Godavari (1,450 km)→
3. The Krishna (752 km)→
4. The Kaveri (800 km)→
The other east flowing rivers of South India are Palter, Penner, Ponnaiyar, Vaigai, Chittar, and others. These rivers flow into the Bay of Bengal.
Cash Crops and Non-Cash Crops
Crops grown and sold for their profit are called cash crops. Cash crops are those which are primarily grown for sale and not for use by the grower and his family.
The cash crops provide raw material to the agro-based industries.
They provide money to the farmers not only to improve their living conditions but also to improve their farming practices.
These are a source of revenue in the country where it is grown. They are also grown for farmers’ personal use or to feed the farmer’s cattle.
Major Cash Crops of India are sugarcane, rice, wheat, corn, tobacco, cotton, jute, tea, coffee, and oilseeds, spices, maize, cocoa, soya bean, paddy, etc.
Non-cash Crops are Bazra, cashew nut.