GDS TO MTS Exam Key Held on 11-10-2020 in AP Circle is posted for information. If you are preparing for GDS to MTS Exam (future aspirant) or just written the Exam, you can find the GDS to MTS Question Paper and answers here for the reference.
Competitive examination to eligible GDS for appointment as Multi-Tasking staff on 11-10-2020 has been conducted in AP Circle. As far as Gramin Dak Sevaks are concerned this exam from GDS to MTS is crucial as it makes them Departmental employees with financial benefits and stability in career prospects.
Disclaimer: Indeed the answers/key given on this website are tentative for education purposes only. No claims, what so ever, can be made based on this. So, you may have to rely on the final key provided by the Department which will be taken as final for evaluation.
In addition, you can see the Hints along with ruling positions. Finally, you can find full answers for maximum questions with a detailed explanation about sums (arithmetic)even.
Therefore, GDS TO MTS Question papers with key – AP Circle is given below: The tentative answers are given in the bold.
GDS To MTS Exam Key Held on 11-10-2020 in AP Circle
GDS to MTS Exam Question Paper with key- AP Circle(Postal Exam)
1. The Department of Posts in India is having ____ Circles
(A) 16 (B) 20 (C) 21 (D) 23
[See PO Guide-I clause 1]
2. Post offices are divided into____________ Classes.
(A) 3 (B) 6 (C) 7 (D) 5
[See PO Guide-I clause 2]
3. Post office in-charge of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) is kept open for a minimum period of____hours only.
(A) 8 hours (B) 7 hours (C) 5 hours (D) 4 hours
4. Registered Newspapers and packet of Register News Paper are accepted on Sundays and Post office Holidays in RMS offices
(A) With late fee
(B) Without a Late fee
(C) with double postage
(D) None of the above
[See PO Guide-I clause 7(c)]
5. A Postal Franking Machine is
(A) A stamping machine
(B) A sealing machine
(C) A typewriter
(D) A computer
[See PO Guide-I clause 11]
6. License for the use of Franking Machine by Private users is issued by
(A) CPMG (B) PMG (C) DPS (D) SSP/SP
[See PO Guide-I clause 11(4)]
7. A Franking Machine should consist of____dies:
(A) Value dies
(B) License die
(C) Value & License dies
(D) None of these
[See PO Guide-I clause 11(2)(a),(b)]
8. Prompt delivery of postal article is facilitated:
(A) if the article is having a correct and complete postal address
(B) if it is transmitted through speed post
(C) if the address of the addressee written in Roman letters
(D) if the address is written in the correct portion of the article.
[See PO Guide-I clause 26]
9. Refused Registered articles presented for delivery shall be detained in Post Office for a period:
(A) 7 days (B) 14 days (C) 10 days (D) 5 days
[See PO Guide-I clause 37]
10. Maximum period of detention of VP article in Post office on payment of prescribed warehousing charges is:
(A) 10 day (B) 12 days (C) 7 days (D) 15 days
[See PO Guide-I clause 194]
11. The Rent for a Post Box and Post Bag for one financial year is Rs______
(A) 50 (B) 150 (C) 100 (D) 250
[See PO Guide-I clause 55]
12. Following letters can be delivered through the Post Box:
(A) Fully pre-paid unregistered letters
(B) Unpaid letters
[(C) Insufficiently paid letters
(D) too late letters
[See PO Guide-I clause 55(1)(a)]
13. The renter of a post Box can clear his/her post box during___________ hours of the Post office.
(A) Closed (B) Business (C) Night (D) None of these
14. Letterbox planted in a post office/Mail office should be cleared by
(A) MTS (B) PA/SA (C) Supervisor of mail branch (D) APM/Head sorter
15. The main duty of a Letter Box Peon is:
(A) To assist the PA/APM during working hours of the office
(B) to close BO bags
(C) To clear all outside letter Boxes
(D) Delivery of letters.
16. The “official Postal articles” must bear the superscription:
(A) On India Government Service (B) On public service (C) on service (D) None of these
17. Following are entitled to use service postage stamps on official postal articles:
(A) All private Banks (B) All Government offices (C) All private institutions (D) All Private companies
[See PO Guide-I clause 200]
18. “Camp articles/Special Bags” are meant for :
(A) Hon’ble President of India (B) Head of Circle (C) Head of Regions (D) SP/SSP
[See PO Guide-I clause 205]
19. The Postage dues chargeable on the delivery of “unpaid official postal article” is:
(A) Double the deficiency of postage
(B) Single deficiency of postage
(C) Rs2/= extra postage per article
(D) No dues need be recovered
[See PO Guide-I clause 199]
20. The limit up to which single Money order can be issued in the Post office is
(A) Rs. 5,000 (B) Rs 2000 (C) Rs 10,000 (D) Rs 1000
[See PO Guide-I clause 217]
21. Minimum amount of deposit to open new savings account in the Post office is:
(A) Rs 50 (B) Rs 100 (C) Rs.500 (D) Rs10
[Hint: SB Gazatte dated 12-12-2020]
22. Postal Life Insurance came into existence w.e.f.
(A) 01.02.1994 (B) 01.02.1884 (C) 01.01.1895 (D) 01.01.2000
[See PO Guide-I clause 260]
23. Fee charged to issue a duplicate passbook in the post office is Rs.____
(A) 2 (B) 10 (C) 50 (D) free of cost
24. A General post office (GPO) is:
(A) Main Post office
(B) Big Sub Office
(C) HSG Post office
(D) A Head Post office situated in Headquarters of the Circle
25. ESMO means:
(A) Extended satellite Money order
(B) Extended sorting office
(C) Extended mail service
(D) Extended monetary service
GDS to MTS Question Paper with key- AP Circle(Postal Exam)
26. RLO means:
(A) Registered Letter office
(B) Registered Mail office
(C) Return Letter office
(D) None of the above
(The probable answer is Returned letter office. However, Departmental Key is Final, so wait for it. So, the answer is not given.)
27. AMPC means :
(A) Auto mail office
(B) Automatic machine
(C) Auto parcel hub
(D) Automatic Mail Processing Centre
28. A Sorting office is :
(A) RMS Office
(B) Sub post office
(C) An office which open and dispose of the sorting mail bags
(D) Circle Bag office
29. A Mail office is
(A) Transit sections
(B) Stationery office of RMS
(D) Foreign post office
30. Labeled Bundle is
(A) Collection of unregistered articles of letter mail
(B) collection of parcels
(C) bundle of regd packets
(D) bundle registered newspaper
31. Universal Postal Union was established in the year
(A) 1926 (B) 1884 (C) 1874 (D) 1919
32. PIN code was first introduced in India:
(A) 15.08.1972 (B) 01.08.1984 (C) 01.01.1972 (D) 22.07.1963
33. Victoria waterfall is located in :
(A) South Africa (B) South America (C) North America (D) Australia
34. International women’s day is celebrated on
(A) 14th February (B) 8th March (C) 02nd October (D) 26th January
35. On which Riverbank “Taj Mahal” is situated?
(A) Ganga (B) Yamuna (C) Narmada (D) Krishna.
36. The currency of Japan is :
(A) Dollar (B) Pound (C) Yen (D) Rupee
37. Indian Constitution came into existence on:
(A) 26.01.1950 (B) 26-11-1949 (C) 15-01-1947 (D) 30-01-1951
38. The largest sea on the earth is:
(A) Arabian Sea (B) Bay of Bengal (C) Pacific Sea (D) the Black Sea
39. RAM in computer means:
(A) Read Acess Memory
(B) Read Anywhere Memory
(C) Random Access Memory
(D) Random Acess module
40. World consumer rights day is celebrated every year on :
(A) March 11 (B) March 16 (C) March 15 (D) April 14
41. If 5/8 of a number is 400 what is the number for?
(A) 540 (B) 600 (C) 640 (D) 680
[Hint: 5/8 of x=400; 5x/8=400; 5x=400X8 ; (400X8)/5=640]
42. Look at this series: 8, 32, 16, 64, 32…………. What number should come next?
(A) 128 (B) 64 (C) 96 (D) 192
[Hint: 8X2=16(third number) ; 16X2=32(fifth number)
16X2=32(second number);32X2=64(fourth number ); 64X2=128(sixth number)]
43. Find the average of all the numbers between 6 and 34 which is divisible by 5?
(A) 15 (B) 21 (C) 20 (D) 26
44. In a class, a student scored marks 48,66,74,62 and 82 in five-unit tests respectively. In order to get an average of 70 how much should he score in the sixth unit test?
(A) 82 (B) 84 (C) 86 (D) 88
[Hint: (48+66+74+62+82+x)/6=70; (332 +x)/6=70; 332+x=70X6; 332+X=420; X=420-332=88]
45. In a school examination, 35% of students were passed and 455 students failed. How many students appeared for the examination?
(A) 605 (B) 565 (C) 700 (D) 765
Hint: Let the total number of students who appeared in the examination be ‘x’.
Then, the percentage of students passed=35%, therefore, the number of students passed=35%of x
number of students failed =455
Thus, the total number of students appeared=passed +failed
therefore x =700.
46. A person bought a fan for Rs. 420/- and sold it at a loss of 15%. Find the selling price of the fan.
(A) 320 (B) 352 (C) 346 (D) 357
[Hint: SP= CP-Loss; Loss%= LossX100/CP or Direct formula is SP=CP(100-Loss%)/100;
47. A car proceeds journey at 70 Km per hour. It increases the speed at the rate of 10 Km in every 2 hours. How many hours does it take to cover a distance of 345 km?
(A) 2 hours 15 minutes (B) 4 Hours 5 minutes (C) 4 Hours 30 minutes (D) 5 Hours 20 minutes
[Hint: Distance covered in the first 2 hours = (70 x 2) km = 140 km
Distance covered in the next 2 hours = (80 x 2) km = 160 km
Remaining distance = 345 – (140 + 160) = 45 km Now, speed in the fifth hour = 90 km/hr
The time that is taken to cover 45 km =
Total time that is taken =
48. Sonu purchased a cycle for Rs.3750/-. He spent Rs.250/- for its Repair. Then he sold it for Rs.4400/-. Find out the percentage Profit/loss?
(A) 10% Loss (B) 16.25% profit (C) 10% Profit (D) 12% loss
[Given: Cost of cycle Cost of repairing Total cost
(A) 10 (B) 8 (C) 18 (D) 16
[ Hint: (A + B)’s 1 day’s work ; (B + C)’s 1 day’s work ; (C + A)’s 1 day’s work
On adding, 2(A + B + C)’s 1 day’s work
∴ (A + B + C)’s 1 day’s work ∴ A, B, and C together will complete the work in 16 days.]
50. Find out the value: 5/9 + 2/7 =
(A) 7/16 (B) 10/63 (C) 53/63 (D) 47/63
[Hint: (5×7 +2×9)/9×7; (35+18)/63;=53/63]
*** *** ***
So, I hope this post on GDS to MTS Exam Key held on 11-10-2020 in AP Circle(Postal Exam)is useful to you. If you want a post on any topic specifically, let me know in the comments section below right now.